What Are the Penalties for Criminal Traffic Violations in Gilbert, Arizona?
Traffic tickets in Phoenix, AZ can get expensive. Penalties may include:
- A fine (plus court costs);
- The deduction of points from your license; and
- Suspension or revocation of your driving privileges.
- Increased Insurance Rates
If you received a Phoenix municipal court traffic ticket, for example, you have the right to dispute it in court. Unless your court appearance is mandatory, you must request a hearing by a certain deadline. Once in court, only an effective defense will result in the dismissal of your ticket. An experienced criminal traffic lawyer for misdemeanor traffic tickets can greatly assist your cause.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
If Arizona has charged you with a traffic violation, seek a free case evaluation with a traffic ticket defense attorney from the Law Office of Brandon White.
Possible Options & Defenses to Traffic Offenses in Phoenix, AZ
There are numerous options that you might use if the Phoenix police issued you a ticket. If you are ticketed for a moving violation, for example, you can probably complete an online Defensive Driving School (DDS) through an authorized MVD vendor. Website can be found at www.azdrive.com for a list of authorized traffic schools. If you successfully complete the course 14 days before your ticket deadline, your violation will probably be dismissed.
DDS will not be an option if:
- This is your second offense, or
- You were driving on a Commercial Driver’s License).
Even without DDS eligibility, you can always dispute the violation in court. A traffic violation attorney can help you downgrade your charge to a lesser offense to reduce the impact on your driving record, insurance premiums, etc. Speak with your attorney to find out what defenses are available. The evidence against you may be weak, for example, or the police may have violated your constitutional rights.
How Can a Traffic Ticket Defense Attorney Help?
If you need an attorney to fight a traffic ticket, we are at your service. Here is a sampling of what we can do for you:
- Give you sound legal advice and guidance;
- Seek a plea deal, a dismissal, or the most lenient sentencing possible;
- Dispute the evidence against you;
- Uncover police misconduct that could result in a dismissal (the police pulled you over without cause, for example);
- Discover and submit evidence in your favor, including witnesses; and
- Dispute the application of vague legal conclusions like “aggressive” driving.
Having a traffic attorney is especially valuable if Arizona charges you with a criminal traffic violation as you’ll be going against a prosecuting attorney who represents the state.