What Is Extreme & Super Extreme DUI in AZ?
An Extreme DUI in Arizona and a Super Extreme DUI in Arizona charge carry more severe penalties than a regular DUI due to higher blood alcohol levels. If convicted, you will be facing a minimum of 20 days in jail and a minimum $3,000 fine. Arizona Extreme DUI laws state that you will be charged as follows:
EXTREME DUI (A.R.S. §28-1382) Driving with a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .15% to .20%.
SUPER EXTREME DUI (A.R.S. §28-1382 (A)(2)) Driving with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of .20% or greater.
What Are Arizona Extreme & Super Extreme DUI Penalties?
If you are convicted of an extreme DUI in Arizona, jail time is mandatory. The following dui extreme Arizona penalties are as follows:
Extreme DUI Arizona First Offense
- Minimum 30 days in jail (maximum six months).
- 90-day suspension of driving privileges.
- Court fines and fees totaling $2,500+.
- Substance abuse counseling.
- 12-month installation of an ignition interlock device.
- SR-22 “high risk” insurance policy.
Penalties for Second Extreme DUI in Arizona
- Minimum of 60 days in jail.
- Court fines and fees totaling $3,000 or more.
- A drug and alcohol screening.
- Driver's license suspension for one year.
- The installation of an ignition interlock device.
Super Extreme DUI Arizona Penalties
A motorist will be facing the following penalties in the event that they are charged with a super extreme DUI:
Super Extreme DUI First Offense
- Mandatory minimum of 45 days in jail.
- A fine of approximately $3,500 plus jail costs.
- A drug and alcohol screening and alcohol classes.
- Driver's license suspension.
- The installation of an ignition interlock device for 18 months.
Super Extreme DUI Second Offense
- Mandatory minimum of 180 days in jail.
- A fine of approximately $4,600 plus jail costs.
- Alcohol Classes (at least 36 hours).
- 30 hours of community service.
- 1-year license revocation.
- The installation of an ignition interlock device for 2 years.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Phoenix Extreme DUI Attorney
If you have been charged or arrested due to an Extreme DUI in Arizona, contact our firm today to speak with a Phoenix extreme DUI lawyer regarding your case.
What Are the Potential Defenses for AZ Extreme DUI?
There are many defenses to Arizona's Extreme DUI Charges. A DUI conviction has lifelong consequences, and depending on the facts surrounding the individual case it is possible to get an Extreme DUI in AZ dismissed or reduced to a lesser charge. When people hear how severe Arizona is when it comes to prosecuting DUI offenses, it is easy to feel like there is no hope if you are charged with an Extreme DUI. Some people wonder if they should take the punishment and try to move on with their lives. While these are serious charges, that does not mean that a conviction is guaranteed. However, to be convicted of an Extreme DUI, the prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Why Choose Our Skilled & Effective Extreme DUI Phoenix Lawyers?
If you are in need of a Phoenix Extreme DUI Attorney, the top-rated team at the Law Offices of Brandon White, located in Gilbert, Arizona, is here to provide you with the best possible defense. During a DUI investigation, it is the police officer’s job to gather and document any evidence that can be used against you to convict you. It is our job to carefully review all of this information and unearth information the officers overlooked or failed to put into reports.
Our team of DUI attorneys has proven results and is respected by aggressive prosecutors and law enforcement officials alike.
- We have successfully represented thousands of clients across the nation, with hundreds of five-star reviews from our satisfied clients.
- We strive to make a difference for our clients, regardless of who they are, where they are from, or how much money they have.
- Our law firm has the resources necessary to fully investigate the DUI charges against you.
- We will help you deal with the criminal charges as well as the MVD when it comes to handling issues with your driver’s license.
Contact Gilbert Extreme DUI Attorneys Near You Today
If you or someone you know has been arrested or charged with an Extreme DUI in Phoenix, Arizona, you will need an experienced lawyer who will fight to get you the best possible result. Contact The Law Offices of Brandon White at 602-237-6772.
Regular Phoenix DUI or DWI
A regular DUI is considered driving with a BAC of 0.08-0.14% or driving with a controlled substance in your bloodstream.
- Undergoing a substance abuse screening assessment;
- Completing substance abuse treatment program;
- Serving 10 consecutive days in jail and payin g jail costs;
- An additional 9 days in jail will be suspended if the substance abuse program is completed;
- $250 fine plus any surcharge;
- $500 State Prison Construction and $500 State General Fund payments.