Phoenix DUI Lawyer Lists What Happens When You Get a DUI
Phoenix, Arizona has one of the strictest and most unforgiving DUI penalties in the nation.
The legal limit in the entire state of Arizona is .08% for those who are of age to drive and of age to drink, independent to each other.
The best way to avoid getting a DUI or dealing with DUI laws is to avoid drinking and driving . This is also the safest way to avoid any DUI charges on your record. Arizona A DUI charge will stay on your record for 5 years! Even a DUI conviction may negatively affect one’s career (especially if you are a CDL license holder). DUI charges can also affect one’s ability to obtain housing or getting a loan. It will most likely affect anytime when your background will be checked.
We’ve included some ways DUI convictions can affect your life:
- Permanent criminal record
- Future employment opportunities
- You can be denied entry to other countries
- If you are not a U.S. citizen and are in the process of becoming one or are a green card or a visa holder, your immigration status may be affected
- You may not be able to be lease, rent, or buy an apartment/house due to strict background checks
- Jail may be likely depending on one’s record and exact situation if one pleads guilty
- Your license may be suspended for a long time (average: 6 months- 2 years)
- High fine amounts, restraining you financially
- Paying for installation of an Ignition Interlock Device for up to 3 years
- Increased already-expensive insurance rates
The cost of a DUI is high , not just in price, but also in way of life. The best way to prevent DUI is to avoid driving after drinking at any cost, but if you have a strong aggressive DUI lawyer like Brandon White to represent you, you may be able to drop many of the charges and be less affected by your DUI.
Put up a fight and avoid the DUI penalties as best as you can by calling us at (866) 336-2078.
Table of Contents